So anyway, if anyone has read this the first though you have to have is "this guy is all over" but that's what I'm going for. It allows me to rant/vent on many topics in one spot. If anyone ever leaves a comment on anything I'll address it in my next post or visit that topic more often.
So we move on to MMOs... I mean, it's been a long time that WoW has been the MMO top dog and really it does not seem as though anyone can touch it right now. The fact that 10 million people are online with it and keep buying expansions is a huge testimate to how good it is. I know my family, who've been out for a couple years are all going to atleasts revisit it.
The real question is this, is it fun or just a time killer. You see I have a thought on this topic that usually is not considered the norm, but as people we are always "looking for something to do" no matter what it is. About the only things that really live outside that are things like work and sleep. Eating will at times be outside that but how many times have you found yourself snacking merely because you lacked other options at the moment. Sleep can also be questionable since they say that the average person only needs 7 hours of sleep. If you are sleeping more, it could be you are merely looking for something to do with those other couple hours. The idea of a time killer is finding something to occupy yourself and finding what you want to do most during those times. Many people will complain about what you choose to do stating reasons why they dislike it or think it's not right, but really, the same could be said about almost all time killers. I will agree that time killers that make someone more productive, smarter or a better person might be better choices, but really those are far and few between. Anyway, go out there and kill some time, for as long as you wake up tomorrow, you'll be able to do more of that same thing or pick something else...
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment